The Rules Of Being Phillip J Rhoades
(Some have numbers and some do not. There is no real order to these rules.)
These are some of the rules I follow. I thought I’d write them down so I can look at them. I may write more as I remember.
(1) Always state the obvious, just in case it’s not.
- Never hit on your bartender/waitress/etc
* Flirting without intent is fine
* Don’t take these people up on offered either
(357) Always make it worse
* You can’t make it better
(358) Always make it worst
- Don’t let inconvenience stop you from trying to do the right thing.
- Everything in moderation - including moderation.
- Take care of the things you love
- Pay attention to the people you are talking with
- When you ask, “How are you doing?” be ready to listen to a real answer
- Reconsider what you like, don’t like, love, and hate every so often.
- Do not ever fear completely changing your mind. And if you do fear it, don’t let that stop you.
- Try not to be controlled by your anger, jealousy, fear, or depression
- Create something on a regular basis.
- Try something new on a regular basis.
- Force yourself to do uncomfortable things if there’s no harming in doing so.
- In an unreasonable situation an unreasonable action is reasonable. (Tamino)
- Just fucking say it. It’s probably not as stupid as it sounds in your head. You are too critical of you.
- There are times to think through every action. There are times to act without thought.
- When you are sitting at the only table with extra chairs and there are people standing, invite them to sit with you.
- When someone asks what you are doing admit the truth. It’ll probably be an interesting conversation.
- Sometimes, break the rules.
- When presented with the choice to be awesome or to appear awesome - choose to be awesome.
- You could lie so well, which is why you must not.
- Say the NICE things that you think. The mean things are easier, but the nice things are needed.
- Gifts must be given without debt, opportunities without pressure.
- When it’s not interesting anymore, do something else.
- Everyone loves the mouse trick, because it’s insanely stupid and kind of cute.