Zombie Run is a racing game played by using a special deck of Zombie Run cards. It is set in a post apocalyptic world full of zombies that want to eat your flesh!
The world has been overrun by the undead. It all started with a complex experiment by the students at MIT to determine the decomposition rate of electrified gelatin desert. Now, thanks to their curiosity concerning things that only gods should ponder, rotting corpses shamble from place to place and chase down any living human being they spot. You hear on your ham radio that there is one last small safe haven 1000 miles away, however they only have space for one more person inside. You’ll have to race across the country, doing whatever it takes to be the first one there. Good luck.
Please “Pay” for the Instant print version with a mention on Twitter or Facebook, because the game is a labor of love and I need all the support I can get:
Or if the Tweet/FB link above fails you can get to the download directly from here. Zombie Run, INSTANT PRINT FUN, for TODAY! - Download the rules, cards, card backing, and box as PDFs in a ZIP file. Licensed under the Open Gaming License. You should be able to print these cards out on standard 3.5x2inch pre-perforated business card stock.
Or buy a professionally printed deck:
Zombie Run With Box is the set with a stylish Zombie Run Box (the box adds a bit to the price at $24.99) but you get a beautiful box to keep your prized Zombie Run cards in!
Zombie Run on sale now! Zombie Run Without Box has the card set with no box to keep the price a little lower at 19.99 (it is a 130 card professionally printed deck).
Zombie run is played with a deck of Zombie Run Cards. There are Distance, Problem, Solution, Gear, Hijack, and Zombie Ambush cards. Problem cards are played against other players in order to hamper their progress. Each Problem can be countered by a corresponding Solution. Gear cards make a player immune to a particular Problem. Hijack cards allow a player to take an already played Gear card from another player and make it his/her own. Zombie Ambush cards effect the one who draws them or all players as indicated on the card. When a Zombie Ambush card is drawn it must be immediately played and the player who drew it then draws another card and plays as normal. The target distance is reached by playing Distance cards.
(10) 025 miles
(10) 050 miles
(10) 075 miles
(12) 100 miles
(04) 200 miles
(03) No Where To Run - The Zombies are everywhere! Better Make A Path
(03) Out Of Bullets - Going through a land full of Zombies without bullets doesn’t work, better Reload
(03) Tripped - You fell down and can’t move until you Git Back Up
(04) Slow Goin’ - Can’t move faster than 50 miles per turn
(05) Stop Movin’ - Counters a Git Movin’ card when played on another player
(06) Make A Path counters No Where To Run
(06) Reload counters Out Of Bullets
(06) Git Back Up counters Tripped
(06) Coffee counters Slow Goin’
(14) Git Movin’ is needed to begin playing Distance cards and counters Stop Movin’
(01) SUV Tank makes player immune to No Where To Run
(01) Infinite Movie Bullets makes player immune to Out Of Bullets
(01) High Top Cross Trainers makes player immune to Tripped
(01) Can’t stop a BAMF! T-Shirt makes player immune Stop Movin’ and Slow Goin’
(03) Hot wire - Take an already played SUV Tank card from another player and place it in your own Gear pile
(03) I Need More Bullets - Take an already played Infinite Movie Bullets card from another player and place it in your own Gear pile
(03) Took Your Shoes While You Were Sleeping - Take an already played High Top Cross Trainers card from another player and place it in your own Gear pile
(03) I’m the real BAMF - Take an already played Can’t stop a BAMF! T-Shirt card from another player and place it in your own Gear pile
(05) Kneecap A Friend - Take an already played miles card from another player and immediately place it in your own played miles.
Zombie Ambush Cards:
(03) Zombies Everywhere – The zombies are really swarming! Everyone has to take the better part of valor and run away! Every player loses one distance card of the highest value that they have played.
(04) All Your Gear Belongs To Zombies – The zombies swarm and everyone loses their Gear as they run away. All of the played gear cards are shuffled back into the draw pile.
The entire Zombie Run deck is shuffled and then 6 cards are dealt to each player; the remainder becomes a draw pile and a discard pile forms next to it. Each player’s turn begins with a draw of one card and a play of one card, so that each player always holds 6 cards at the end of his turn. If he/she cannot play then he/she must discard.
Each player builds up a tableau. The tableau is divided into Gear, Distance, and Status areas.
Problem and Solution cards are played in the Status area with Slow Goin’ placed next to the other problem cards. Distance cards are played in the Distance area. Gear cards are played along the top of the tableau. Hijack cards are played and then placed into the discard pile.
A player cannot play any Distance cards unless he/she has an active Git Movin’ or Can’t Stop A BAMF T-Shirt card.
Once a Problem card has been played against a player, that player must first solve the Problem with a Solution card and then on a different turn play a Git Movin’ card before he/she can begin playing Distance cards again (unless that player has the Can’t Stop a BAMF! T-Shirt card, which allows him/her to move without a Git Movin’ card and protects against Slow Goin’ and Stop Movin’). Once a Solution card has been used to solve a Problem both cards are placed into the discard pile.
Players may always discard, even if they have a legal play available. A player who cannot play in any other way must discard.
Running past the safe haven is not allowed. No player can play a Distance card that would put him/her beyond the goal of 1000 miles.
Play continues until either a player reaches exactly 1000 miles in Distance cards, or all players have played or discarded all of their cards. Play can continue after the draw pile has been depleted.
Scored by each player
Distance 1 per mile traveled
Gear Cards 100 however played
All the Gear 300 in addition to the 100 points per Gear card (700 total)
Scored by a player that reaches the 1000 mile mark
Made it to safety 400 for reaching the safe haven (traveling 1000 miles)
11th hour victory 300 for reaching the safe haven (1000 miles) after the draw pile is exhausted
Everyone Else Died 500 for reaching the safe haven before any other player has played any Distance cards
Zombie run is normally played over 5 rounds to determine the overall winner. The first to reach a minimum of 5000 points or the one to have the most points at the end of 5 rounds is the winner and will be welcomed into the safe haven, to live out many years of zombie free happiness… until the zombies breach the gate! Muwahahaha!!!
Download the rules, cards, card backing, and box as PDFs in a ZIP file. Licensed under the Open Gaming License. You should be able to print these cards out on standard 3.5x2inch pre-perforated business card stock.