"Hey, Phil, can I borrow your Philosophy 201 notes?"
“Um, sure, I guess…”
- C.S. Lewis (the author of Narnia books and Aslan the lion) believes that a combination of faith and reason fight emotions and imagination.
- Actually spelled Fideism, but feet-aye-ism is a nice way to remember close enough. Kierkegaard (kicker guard) believed faith sends evidence and reason away (kicked with feet-aye-ism)
- Flew believes that the invisible does not exist. Gives the thought experiment of the travelers, the apparent garden, and the undetectable gardener. Believes that faith has no meaning (aka “yo, not in the dictionary”)
- Mitchell (Michigan + chill = MIchell), believed that faith is based on experiences in the past in which more evidence has pointed to one thing over another. The present will take into account the weight of evidence of the past and have convictions about beliefs based on evidence. However, faith can be changed in the future with new evidence supporting or negating beliefs.
- Positivism: if it can’t be proven in the lab (aka a test tube) then there’s no evidence. You can only believe in what you can find empirical evidence to believe in.
There’s no place like home… except…
I was going to put doll irises into the ping pong balls, but one of the ping-pong balls broke when adding the irises, so I went with this.
They’re “frog eyes” according the to the package. I think he looks friendly this way.
Now my Rhymes are whack and my flow is fracked
And a super skinny beat is where I’m at
They be laughin’ I know, like my life is a show
It’s okay cuz I know, what they say it ain’t so
I’m the big daddy mac they call Creepy Phil
An’ if they don’t dig me, well that’s just their ill
I been pushed down, stood up, spun around until I lost
All the trouble, all the loss, made me super-strong-ultra-boss
They hate me? They don’t know me. What they hate is just their story
You should love me. You should hate me. First you better know me
take a step back from all that they say
and take a look at me today and you might and you may
find their words don’t ring but crack like clay
You want to hate, I welcome this
but you better have some reason fro your dis-
respect me for this wicked brother wicked sis
I stand as I am, with soul in open unclenched hand
To show you this scarred and broken land
the unabridged heart of a man